Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Equine Practice
- Tendon injuries in horses treated with carbon fibre implants.Equine Vet J. 1985; 17: 45-50
- Evidence based medicine: what it is and what it isn’t.BMJ. 1996; 312: 71-72
- An introduction to evidence-based veterinary medicine.Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 2007; 23: 191-200
- Applications of evidence-based medicine: cranial cruciate ligament injury repair in the dog.Vet Surg. 2005; 34: 93-98
- The Oxford 2011 levels of evidence (Oxford Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine).(Available at:)Accessed 29 May, 2011)
- Systematic review of the management of canine osteoarthritis.Vet Rec. 2009; 164: 418-424
- Evidence-based practice guides vs. protocols: what’s the difference?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2001; 101: 1085-1090
- Systematic review of clinical trials of treatments for osteoarthritis in dogs.J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2007; 230: 514-521
- Randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel group study of P54FP for the treatment of dogs with osteoarthritis.Vet Rec. 2003; 152: 457-460
- Autologous cell therapy for cardiac repair.Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2011; 11: 489-508
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation study of intravenous adult human mesenchymal stem cells (prochymal) after acute myocardial infarction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 2277-2286
- Intracoronary autologous bone-marrow cell transfer after myocardial infarction: the BOOST randomised controlled clinical trial.Lancet. 2004; 364: 141-148
- Comparison of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells with bone marrow-derivedmononuclear cells for treatment of diabetic critical limb ischemia and foot ulcer: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011; 92: 26-36
- Autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cell treatment for refractory luminal Crohn’s disease: results of a phase I study.Gut. 2010; 59: 1662-1669
- Stem cell therapy: hope or hype?.BMJ. 2005; 330: 1159-1160
- Stem cell therapy - hype or hope? a review.J Conserv Dent. 2009; 12: 131-138
- Stem-cell therapy: hope and hype.Lancet. 2005; 365: 2073-2075
- Safety of autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell transplantation for cartilage repair in 41 patients with 45 joints followed for up to 11 years and 5 months.J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2011; 5: 146-150
- Effect of adipose-derived nucleated cell fractions on tendon repair in horses with collagenase-induced tendinitis.Am J Vet Res. 2008; 69: 928-937
- Cell therapy for tendon repair in horses: an experimental study.Vet Res Commun. 2007; 31: 281-283
- Cell therapy for tendinitis, experimental and clinical report.Vet Res Commun. 2008; 32: S33-S38
- Mesenchymal stem cells and insulin-like growth factor-I gene-enhanced mesenchymal stem cells improve structural aspects of healing in equine flexor digitorum superficialis tendons.J Orthop Res. 2009; 27: 1392-1398
- Fetal derived embryonic-like stem cells improve healing in a large animal flexor tendonitis model.Stem Cell Res Ther. 2011; 2: 4
- Monitoring the fate of autologous and allogeneic mesenchymal progenitor cells injected into the superficial digital flexor tendon of horses: preliminary study.Equine Vet J. 2008; 40: 178-181
- Equine embryonic stem-like cells and mesenchymal stromal cells have different survival rates and migration patterns following their injection into damaged superficial digital flexor tendon.Equine Vet J. 2010; 42: 636-642
- Stem cell therapy of tendon injuries—clinical outcome in 98 cases.PFERDEHEILKUNDE. 2011; 27: 153
- Suspension of bone marrow-derived undifferentiated mesenchymal stromal cells for repair of superficial digital flexor tendon in race horses.Tissue Eng. 2007; 13: 2949-2955
- Stem cells in veterinary medicine—attempts at regenerating equine tendon after injury.Trends Biotechnol. 2007; 25: 409-416
- Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for equine tendinopathy.Disabil Rehabil. 2008; 30: 1752-1758
- Evaluation of adipose-derived stromal vascular fraction or bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells for treatment of osteoarthritis.J Orthop Res. 2009; 27: 1675-1680
- Enhanced early chondrogenesis in articular defects following arthroscopic mesenchymal stem cell implantation in an equine model.J Orthop Res. 2007; 25: 913-925
- Medical management of superficial digital flexor tendonitis: a comparative study in 219 horses (1992–2000).Equine Vet J. 2004; 36: 415-419
Milner P, Sidwell S, Talbot A, et al. Short term temporal alterations in MR signal in primary lesions identified in the deep digital flexor tendon of the equine digit. Equine Vet J 2011, in press.
- Kinematics and ground reaction forces in horses with superficial digital flexor tendinitis.Am J Vet Res. 2000; 61: 191-196
- Net joint moments and joint powers in horses with superficial digital flexor tendinitis.Am J Vet Res. 2000; 61: 197-201
Dakin S, Jespers K, Warner S, et al. The relationship between in vivo limb and in vitro tendon mechanics after injury: a potential novel clinical tool for monitoring tendon repair. Equine Vet J 2011, in press. DOI: 10.1111/j.2042-3306.2010.00303.x.
- Estimation of the Young’s modulus of articular cartilage using an arthroscopic indentation instrument and ultrasonic measurement of tissue thickness.J Biomech. 2001; 34: 251-256
- Concentrated bone marrow aspirate improves full-thickness cartilage repair compared with microfracture in the equine model.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 1927-1937
- Glycosaminoglycan in articular cartilage: in vivo assessment with delayed Gd(DTPA)(2-)-enhanced MR imaging.Radiology. 1997; 205: 551-558
- Biomarkers of cartilage turnover. Part 1: markers of collagen degradation and synthesis.Vet J. 2010; 185: 36-42
- Biomarkers of cartilage turnover. Part 2: non-collagenous markers.Vet J. 2010; 185: 43-49
- Histopathology atlas of animal model systems—overview of guiding principles.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010; 18: S2-S6
- The OARSI histopathology initiative—recommendations for histological assessments of osteoarthritis in the horse.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010; 18: S93-S105
- Determination of Poisson’s ratio of articular cartilage by indentation using different-sized indenters.J Biomech Eng. 2004; 126: 138-145
- Collagen network primarily controls Poisson’s ratio of bovine articular cartilage in compression.J Orthop Res. 2006; 24: 690-699
- A surgical tendonitis model in horses: technique, clinical, ultrasonographic and histological characterisation.Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol. 2010; 23: 231-239
The authors have nothing to disclose.