Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Equine Practice
- The ultimate horse behavior and training book.Trafalgar Square Books, North Pomfret (VT)2006
- The basic principles of equine massage/muscle therapy.Massage/Muscle Therapy Productions, Camden (SC)2003
- Stretch exercises for your horse.J. A. Allen, London2003
- Massage techniques for horse and rider.The Crowood Press Ltd, Wiltshire (England)2002
- Chiropractic evaluation and management.Vet Clin North Am Equine Pract. 1999; 15: 195-209
- Activate your horse's core: unmounted exercises for dynamic mobility, strength and balance.Sport Horse Publications, Mason (MI)2008
- Manual therapy in joint and nerve structures combined with exercises in the treatment of recurrent ankle sprains: a randomized, controlled trial.Man Ther. 2016; 26: 141-149
- Clinical benefits of joint mobilization on ankle sprains: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017; ([Epub ahead of print])
- The pain and movement reasoning model: introduction to a simple tool for integrated pain assessment.Man Ther. 2014; 19: 270-276
- Manual lymph drainage for equine lymphoedema-treatment strategy and therapist training.Equine Vet Educ. 2007; 19: 26-31
- A preliminary study on the effect of massage to reduce stress in the horse.J Equine Vet Sci. 2004; 24: 76-82
- The effects of chiropractic, massage and phenylbutazone on spinal mechanical nociceptive thresholds in horses without clinical signs.Equine Vet J. 2008; 40: 14-20
- Equine acupressure: a working manual.Tallgrass Publishers, LLC, Larkspur (CO)2001
Haussler KK, Erb HN. Pressure algometry: objective assessment of back pain and effects of chiropractic treatment. Proceedings of the 49th Annual Convention of the American Association of Equine Practitioners. New Orleans, Louisiana, November 21–25, 2003. pp. 66–70.
- Fitness in motion: keeping your equine's zone at peak performance.The Lyons Press, Guilford (CT)2007
Giovagnoli G, Plebani G, Daubon JC. Withers height variations after muscle stretching. Proceedings of the Conference on Equine Sports Medicine and Science (CESMAS). Oslo, Norway, September 24–26, 2004. p. 172–6.
- Effects of a stretching regime on stride length and range of motion in equine trot.Vet J. 2009; 181: 53-55
- Effects of vertebral mobilization and manipulation on kinematics of the thoracolumbar region.Am J Vet Res. 2007; 68: 508-516
- In-vivo segmental kinematics of the thoracolumbar spinal region in horses and effects of chiropractic manipulations.Proc Amer Assoc Equine Practitioners. 1999; 45: 327-329
- Effects of manipulative therapy on the longissimus dorsi in the equine back.Equine Comp Exerc Physiol. 2006; 3: 153-160
- Long-term follow-up of manipulative treatment in a horse with back problems.J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2003; 50: 241-245
- Effect of chiropractic manipulations on the kinematics of back and limbs in horses with clinically diagnosed back problems.Equine Vet J. 2008; 40: 153-159
- Osteopathy in locomotion problems of the horse: a critical evaluation.Vlaams Diergeneeskd Tijdschr. 1992; 61: 116-120
- Osteopathic treatment of horses: a retrospective study.Br Osteopathic J. 1995; 16: 30-32
- The osteopathic treatment of somatic dysfunction causing gait abnormality in 51 horses.Equine Vet Educ. 2014; 26: 148-155
- Manual therapy of the horse-a contemporary perspective.J Equine Vet Sci. 2009; 29: 799-808
Disclosures: The author has no commercial or financial conflicts of interest and there was not any funding source for this work.