Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Veterinary Clinics: Equine Practice
- Bats: important reservoir hosts of emerging viruses.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006; 19: 531-545
- Neutralization assays for differential henipavirus serology using Bio-Plex protein array systems.J Virol Methods. 2007; 142: 29-40
- Hendra virus: Epidemiology dynamics in relation to climate change, diagnostic tests and control measures.One Health. 2021; 12: 100207
- Natural Hendra Virus Infection in Flying-Foxes - Tissue Tropism and Risk Factors.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0128835
- Isolation of Hendra virus from pteropid bats: a natural reservoir of Hendra virus.J Gen Virol. 2000; 81: 1927-1932
- Henipavirus and tioman virus antibodies in pteropodid bats, Madagascar.Emerg Infect Dis. 2007; 13: 159-161
- A review of Hendra Virus and Nipah Virus Infections in Man and other Animals.Zoonoses-Infections Affecting Humans Anim. Springer Netherlands, 2014; : 997-1012
- Novel Hendra virus Variant Circulating in Black Flying Foxes and Grey-Headed Flying Foxes.Australia, Emerging Infect Dieseases. 2022; 28: 1043-1047
- Hendra virus ecology and transmission.Curr Opin Virol. 2016; 16: 120-125
- Novel hendra virus variant detected by sentinel surveillance of horses in Australia.Emerg Infect Dis. 2022; 28: 693-704
- Routes of hendra virus excretion in naturally-infected flying-foxes: implications for viral transmission and spillover risk.PLoS One. 2015; 10: e0140670
- Sero-monitoring of horses demonstrates the equivac((R)) hev hendra virus vaccine to be highly effective in inducing neutralising antibody titres.Vaccines (Basel). 2021; 9: 731
- Indirect ELISA based on Hendra and Nipah virus proteins for the detection of henipavirus specific antibodies in pigs.PLoS One. 2018; 13: e0194385
- Experimental Hendra virus infection of dogs: virus replication, shedding and potential for transmission.Aust Vet J. 2017; 95: 10-18
- Hendra virus infection in dog, Australia, 2013.Emerg Infect Dis. 2015; 21: 2182-2185
- Henipavirus microsphere immuno-assays for detection of antibodies against Hendra virus.J Virol Methods. 2014; 200: 22-28
- A network approach for provisional assay recognition of a Hendra virus antibody ELISA: test validation with low sample numbers from infected horses.J Vet Diagn Invest. 2018; 30: 362-369
Australian veterinary emergency plan 2013, https://www.qldhorsecouncil.com/QldHorseCouncil/media/QHC-Portal/Hendra%20Virus/Hendra-EAD-Response-Policy-Brief.pdf.
- Fatal encephalitis due to novel paramyxovirus transmitted from horses.Lancet. 1997; 349: 93-95
- Hendra virus infection in a veterinarian.Med J Aust. 2006; 185: 562-564
- Hendra virus vaccine, a one health approach to protecting horse, human, and environmental health.Emerg Infect Dis. 2014; 20: 372-379
Hendra virus infection, Available at: https://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Factsheets/pdfs/hendra.pdf, 2015.
- Human Hendra virus encephalitis associated with equine outbreak, Australia, 2008.Emerg Infect Dis. 2010; 16: 219-223
- Medical countermeasures against henipaviruses: a review and public health perspective.Lancet Infect Dis. 2022; 22: e13-e27
- A single dose investigational subunit vaccine for human use against Nipah virus and Hendra virus.NPJ Vaccin. 2021; 6: 23
Hendra virus – information for horse businesses, Available at: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0028/16597/hendra-virus-horse.pdf, 2018.
- A treatment for and vaccine against the deadly Hendra and Nipah viruses.Antivir Res. 2013; 100: 8-13
- A morbillivirus that caused fatal disease in horses and humans.Science. 1995; 268: 94-97
Summary of human cases of Hendra virus infection, Available at https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/controlguideline/Pages/hendra-case-summary.aspx, 2022.
- No evidence of prolonged Hendra virus shedding by 2 patients, Australia.Emerg Infect Dis. 2012; 18: 2025-2027
Summary of Hendra virus incidents in horses, Available at: https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/service-industries-professionals/service-industries/veterinary-surgeons/guidelines-hendra/incident-summar, 2022. Accessed July 22, 2022.
- Hendra virus detected in Mackay horse, Abailable at.https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/news-media/media-centre/biosecurity/news/hendra-virus-detected-in-mackay-horse
- A new Hendra virus genotype found in Australian flying foxes.Virol J. 2021; 18: 197
Australian veterinary emergency plan, Available at https://animalhealthaustralia.com.au/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2021/07/AVP_RS_HendraVirus_V5.pdf, 2021.
- Survival of hendra virus in the environment: modelling the effect of temperature.Ecohealth. 2015; 12: 121-130
- Henipavirus susceptibility to environmental variables.Virus Res. 2008; 132: 140-144
- Pteropid bats are confirmed as the reservoir hosts of henipaviruses: A comprehensive experimental study of virus transmission.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011; 85: 946-951
- Epidemiological investigations into the 1994 equine morbillivirus outbreaks in Queensland, Australia.Singapore Vet J. 1996; 20: 57-61
- Hendra virus outbreak with novel clinical features, Australia.Emerg Infect Dis. 2010; 16: 338-340
- Henipavirus. 1. Aufl. ed.359. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg2012
Hendra virus sampling, submission and testing, Available at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/service-industries-professionals/service-industries/veterinary-surgeons/guidelines-hendra/sampling-tests, 2018.
- Design and evaluation of consensus PCR assays for henipaviruses.J Virol Methods. 2009; 161: 52-57
- Infection of humans and horses by a newly described morbillivirus.Med J Aust. 1995; 162: 642-645
- Virus-neutralising antibody responses in horses following vaccination with Equivac(R) HeV: a field study.Aust Vet J. 2018; 96: 161-166
- “Why won’t they just vaccinate” Horse owner risk perception and uptake of the Hendra virus vaccine.BMC Vet Res. 2017; 13: 103
- The Hendra virus vaccine: perceptions regarding the role of antibody titre testing.Aust Vet J. 2021; 99: 412-418